The practice has been approved to provide additional medical services by appointment:
- Child Health Surveillance Services (By appointment through Health Visiting Team)
- Asthma Clinic (By appointment with Specialist practice nurse)
- Diabetic Clinic (By appointment with Specialist practice nurse)
- CHD Clinic (By appointment with Specialist practice nurse)
- Cervical Smears (By appointment with the practice nurse. The doctors recommend a smear test for all women between the ages of 25 & 64.)
- Smoking Cessation Advice & Support Clinic (By appointment)
- Physiotherapy (By GP referral only)
- Maternity Medical Services (Midwife appointment—Wednesday AM)
- Counselling & CBT (By appointment following GP referral)
- Diabetic Dietician (By appointment following practice nurse or GP referral.)
- Contraceptive Clinic (Fitting and removal of coils and implants, by appointment only following GP referral.)
- Joint Injections (By appointment only following GP referral.)
- Podiatry Service (by appointment at the Denholme site)
- Healthy Drinking clinics (BY GP or self referral through reception)
- Citizen Advice Bureau – (Self referral through reception)
All children should be vaccinated at age 2, 3 and 4 months against Diptheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Hib, Meningitis C and Polio and at 12-18 months against MMR. Between 4 & 5 years children should have a booster vaccination against Diptheria, Tetanus, pertussis, Hib and Polio. All vaccinations are by appointment with the practice nurse.
The doctors are prepared to carry out medical examinations or complete reports, e.g. insurance, pre-employment, HGV, PSV or elderly driver.
A fee is chargeable for these services. A list of current charges is on display in reception or available from the receptionist.
Typhoid & Hepatitis A vaccines are free of charge. Other travel vaccinations, (e.g. Hepatitis B & Meningoccal A & C), will be chargeable at the time of treatment. Please see the charges list on display in reception or contact the practice nurse for prices or should you have any queries regarding foreign travel.
Appointments for advice and vaccinations are bookable at reception and should be at least six weeks in advance of your holiday to ensure adequate cover.
Patients who secure late bookings for their holiday are advised to speak to the practice nurse regarding their requirements.